MERCY EDUCATION CHARTER
OUR CHARTER AS A MERCY SCHOOL
The aim of all Mercy schools is to be true to Catherine McAuley, the foundress of the Sisters of Mercy, who wanted first and foremost for her schools to live and to teach the Good News revealed in Jesus Christ. Our commitment to Catherine’s vision as a lens through which to embrace the Gospel message inspires our schools to strive for excellence in learning and achieve student success.
- We are a faith-centred Catholic school in the Mercy tradition inspired by Catherine McAuley
- Our school leadership is visionary and shared
- We are learning-centred and foster a culture of excellence and continuous improvement in our teaching
- We foster our students’ growth as competent, confident, independent young adults
- We value the engagement of parents and the wider community
Mercy Education is responsible to the Institute of Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea for the governance of Mercy Colleges across Western Australia, Victoria and South Australia.
Mercy Education Charter
Our Charter as a Mercy School can be found here.