MERCY EDUCATION CHARTER
OUR CHARTER AS A MERCY SCHOOL
The aim of all Mercy schools is to be true to Catherine McAuley, the foundress of the Sisters of Mercy, who wanted first and foremost for her schools to live and to teach the Good News revealed in Jesus Christ. Our commitment to Catherine’s vision as a lens through which to embrace the Gospel message inspires our schools to strive for inclusive and safe environments, excellence in learning and student success.
1. We are faith-centred Catholic school in the Mercy tradition inspired by Catherine McAuley
2. Our school leadership is visionary and shared
3. We are learning-centred and foster a culture of excellence and continuous improvement in our teaching
4. We foster our students’ growth as competent, confident, independent young adults
5. We value the engagement of parents and the wider community
Mercy Education Limited has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to compliance with all relevant legislation and guidance including:
Children and Young People (Safety) Act 2017 (SA)
Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Safety Act 2016 (SA)
Ministerial Order 870 (Vic)
National Child Safe Organisation Principles (all States)
National Catholic Safeguarding Standards (all States)
Mercy Education Charter
Our Charter as a Mercy School can be found here.