CODE OF CONDUCT
The purpose of the St Brigid’s College Code of Conduct is to provide minimum standards of conduct in all behaviour and decision making to ensure the safety and wellbeing of students. The Code applies to all within our school community including staff, students, volunteers, parents and guardians as applicable.
Breaches of the Code must be notified to the Principal, Carmen Cox.
The Twelve Conduct Statements are:
- We act safely and competently.
- We give priority to students’ safety and well-being in all our behaviour and decision making.
- We act in accordance with the values of the Gospel as defined in the Code of Ethical Conduct.
- We conduct ourselves in accordance with laws, agreements, policies and standards relevant to our relationship with the school community.
- We respect the dignity, culture, values and beliefs of each member of the school community.
- We treat personal information about members of the school community as private and confidential.
- We give impartial, honest and accurate information about the education, safety and well-being of students.
- We support all members of the school community in making informed decisions about students.
- We promote and preserve the trust and privilege inherent in our relationship with all members of the school community.
- We maintain and build on the community’s trust and confidence in Catholic schools and the Church.
- We act reflectively and ethically.
- We allow students to have a voice in their education, safety and well-being.