Applications must include:
- Covering letter addressed to the Principal
- Statement addressing the selection criteria
- CV outlining experience and qualifications
- Three referees (the College may contact referees without notice)
- Application forms
Please forward your application to the Human Resource Officer email@example.com
St Brigid’s College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a smoke free work environment
Head of Primary (PK – Y6)
St Brigid’s College was established in 1929 by the Institute of the Sisters of Mercy, West Perth congregation. The campus consists of a co-educational Primary School for Years Pre-Kindergarten to Year 6 (predominately 2 streams) and a girls’ only day and boarding high school, Years 7 to 12. From 12th December 2011, as a result of the reconfiguration of the Sisters of Mercy to the newly formed Institute of the Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea (ISMAPNG), the College came under the governance of Mercy Education Limited.
In the spirit of Catherine McAuley, and in the Mercy tradition, we seek to be people of faith, conscience and compassion who are committed to God and the service of others.
We have developed a set of core Mercy values that define the very essence of who we are and serve to remind us of our purpose – Compassion, Justice, Respect, Hospitality, Service and Courage.
St Brigid’s College is seeking an inspirational, supportive and enthusiastic educator who is committed to a learning culture where students are empowered to become independent, engaged, life-long learners, and who is dedicated to the mission of the Catholic Church, with the ability to foster and nurture a community of faith. The successful candidate will be a member of the College’s Senior Leadership Team and will have significant responsibility for leading the Primary campus.
From 2021, St Brigid’s College will no longer be an IB registered school. The College is looking for a dedicated educator with successful experience in effective change management.
The successful candidate will commence in the position of Head of Primary from Term 3, 2020.
- Significant experience in Early Childhood and Primary School education in a Leadership position, with a demonstrated record in successfully fostering progressive educational values and principles;
- Able to demonstrate skills in pastoral care, and a thorough understanding of the social and emotional issues affecting children in each age group;
- Fully registered with the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia (TRBWA);
- A current Working With Children Check (WWC);
- Possess, or progress towards, CEWA’s Accreditation for Leadership.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively manage staff relationships;
- Demonstrated organisational and administrative skills;
- Demonstrated co-curricular involvement.
In applying for this position, you must address the following criteria, keeping your reflection to a maximum of one page for each criterion, as outlined in our Duty Statement:
- Faith Leadership;
- Strategic Leadership;
- Educational Leadership;
- Organisational Leadership; and
The Duty Statement is available here.
Applications close 3pm Friday, 6 March 2020 and preferred candidates will be contacted by Wednesday, 11 March 2020. The appointment process timeline is available here.
The St Brigid’s College Code of Conduct is available here.
All applications should be addressed to:
St Brigid’s College
200 Lesmurdie Road
LESMURDIE WA 6076
Enquiries can be made to the Human Resource Officer 9290 4262
Please note the following:
- Applicants should read the Employment Collection Notice, download the appropriate duty statement for the position and complete the Application Form.
- Applicants need to be able to demonstrate a commitment to the ideals and ethos of Catholic education.
- Successful Applicants must hold a current Working With Children Check (WWC).
- Successful Applicants must hold a Department of Education Police Clearance with not less than six months currency (note that we do not accept any other Police Clearance).
- Applicants for teaching positions must be registered with the Teacher Registration Board Western Australia (TRBWA).
- The College reserves the right to contact all referees of shortlisted applicants prior to interview.
Click here for the Application Form [PDF]
Click here for the Employment Collection Notice
Click here for the Working with Children Check (WWC)
Click here to complete a National Police History Check online