Aaden Swims to The Top
Recently, Aaden Kettle (Year 6) made the trip to Brisbane for the Australian School Sports Swimming Championships!
Indeed, a fantastic experience for Aaden! During the trip, he spent time with like-minded kids who loved swimming as much as he did. Unsurprisingly, the 11-year-old boys’ team was acquainted closely with our lovely student and made fantastic friendships. They also got to swap pins with other states’ teams, which was a true highlight for Aaden. He loved that the other states appreciated our little swan pin so much! The pins were highly collectable as our team was small in number.
Here are his achievements:
- 100m Breastroke – 5.91 Personal Best and placed 8th in his first-ever final
- 200m Medley Relay – Boys finished 4th (PB for Aaden in his leg)
- 200 Individual Medley – Finished 11th in the final
- Made finals in 100 Freestyle. Qualified 3rd with a PB and finished 6th
- 50m Breast – Qualified 8th for finals and pulled out a fantastic swim finishing in 4th with a massive 4.61sec PB. This is a high achievement for a 50m event.
- Freestyle Relay – boys finished in 4th
Well Done Aaden, the St Brigid’s Community is so proud!